Search
Close this search box.

Hinds Bros. of Bow Street

This week’s Virtual Museum post is another item drawn from our photographic collection. Taken in the early 1900s, it features several workers standing in the doorway of Hinds Bros. Grocers, 45 Bow Street. Opened in 1894, Hinds Bros. took over the Bow Street premises from another grocer, Mr. William Scott. In an advertisement in the Lisburn Standard which announced the opening of the store, Hinds Bros. boasted that they had ‘a strict attention to business’ and could deliver their wide range of luxury goods ‘on the shortest notice’! 

Photograph taken in the early 1900's outside Hind's Brothers, 45 Bow Street, Lisburn. ILC&LM Collection

Hinds Grocers was a feature of Bow Street for almost twenty years before the firm was wound up in January 1913. What other Bow Street businesses of the past would you like to see featured in future Virtual Museum posts? Get in touch and let us know.

Advertisement for Hinds Bros. new grocery store on Bow Street, 1894. BNA Collection.
Scroll to Top