This is a repeating event21st April 2018 12:00 pm
(Saturday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Digital Wallace: 3D Scanning, 3D Printing and AR Project Are you aged 16-25? If so then you’re invited to get hands on with a range of digital tools, including 3D
Digital Wallace: 3D Scanning, 3D Printing and AR Project
Are you aged 16-25? If so then you’re invited to get hands on with a range of digital tools, including 3D printing, 3D scanning, Augmented Reality (AR) and laser cutting in an exciting new digital heritage project, in conjunction with the Nerve Centre, marking the bicentenary of the birth of Sir Richard Wallace (1818-90), Lisburn’s landlord.
Over the course of three weeks, participants will:
- Get hands-on with unique museum objects and Lisburn’s famed Wallace drinking fountains!
- Learn how to use 3D scanning, 3D printing, laser cutting and AR technology
- Explore how technology can be used in a museum setting
- Produce your own printed and laser cut objects
- Your output will contribute to our new exhibition (opening May 2018)
No experience necessary. This project is free to participate, although places are limited. You must be free on Saturday 14, 21 and 28th April 2018 for approximately 3hrs.