Professor Alice Roberts’ visit to the museum, August 2017
On Friday 11th August 2017 the museum had the pleasure of hosting Professor Alice Roberts and her film crew. Working on a programme relating to Victorian industry, Professor Roberts tried her hand at spinning and weaving in our Flax to Fabric exhibition.
Below, Alice is pictured with staff from the museum, including (from left to right) our expert guide and spinner Philip, and weavers Alison and Debbie.
About Alice Roberts:
Professor Alice Roberts is an anatomist, physical anthropologist, broadcaster and science author. In 2012 she was appointed Professor of Public Engagement in Science at the University of Birmingham. She has authored a number of books, including:
- The Celts: Search for a Civilisation
- The Incredible Unlikeliness of Being: Evolution and the Making of Us
- Evolution The Human Story
- The Complete Human Body
- The Incredible Human Journey
- Don’t Die Young: An Anatomist’s Guide to Your Organs and Your Health.Professor Alice Roberts’ visit to the museum, August 2017
and is known for documentaries such as Coast and the Incredible Human Journey.
The show will be out in 2018.