Discover the History of Lisburn and Irish Linen:
The Museum aims to collect, safeguard and interpret artefacts and information relating to the Irish linen industry and the history of Lisburn and the Lagan Valley.
Explore Ireland’s industrial heritage in the Museum’s award-winning exhibition ‘Flax to Fabric: the Story of Irish Linen’. Trace the history of linen production in Ulster, from the earliest times to the present, and see live spinning and weaving demonstrations. The Irish Linen Centre & Lisburn Museum’s galleries also feature a range of temporary and visiting exhibitions, featuring: the history of Lisburn, and its people; local artists, from Blackshaw to Mcloy; textile and linen display; local poets, writers and personalities.
The Irish Linen Centre Offers:
- FREE guided tours exploring the history of Irish Linen
- History of Lisburn
- Expert guides, and live demos of weaving and spinning
- FREE workshops, from WWI to Ancient Egypt. The Museum makes an ideal day out for groups, schools and community groups.
- Great museum shop, stocked with linen and local history books
- Surrounded by fantastic places to eat
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Keep up to date with new exhibitions, talks, workshops and events at Lisburn Museum.